Atlas Sign & Awning Company is committed to sustainability. We believe in the philosophy that for sustainable purchasing practices to minimize negative environmental impact. Atlas Sign & Awning Company has recently joined the Sustainability Purchasing Network to further our commitment to this area and seek out new ways and more efficient ways to implement our sustainability procedures. We have adopted the process laid out by the Sustainability Network by which sustainability purchasing is a management process used to acquire goods and services (“products”) in a way that gives preference to suppliers that generate positive social and environmental outcomes and integrates sustainability considerations into product selection so that impacts on society and the environment are minimized throughout the full life cycle of the product. Atlas Sign & Awning Company along with its suppliers will adhere to the Forestry Stewardship program and actively involve our extensive group of recycling partners to ensure that we are doing all we can to minimize the environmental impact we as a group will place on the environment.
Sustainability purchasing entails looking at what products are made of, where they have come from, who has made them. We buy goods and services taking into account not only the economic value for money (price, quality, availability, and functionality) but also the environmental, social, and ethical impact of these goods and services at local, regional, and global levels.
Our Sustainability purchasing considers: Aluminum sheet, aluminum extrusions, LED’s, Polycarbonate, vinyl, and delivery
- What the Signs are made from and how they can be re-used or re-cycled after the event.
- The energy, material, and emissions “footprints” associated with its manufacture and transport.
- Who has made the signs and their components and how they are made, and under what working conditions.
- How the signs will ultimately be disposed of from our recycling partners.
- Whether the purchase needs to be made at all.
- The type of inks that we are using for the signs being.
Our range of objectives for our sustainability purchasing programs includes:
- Waste prevention and reduction
- Resource reduction
- Pollution and toxin reduction
- Reduction of greenhouse gas (ghg) emissions
- Biodiversity maintenance
- Wages and working condition
- Employee health and safety
- Human rights
- Growth of a sustainable economy
- Support for local economy
- Support for social enterprises
- Aboriginal procurement
- Fair trade
Atlas Sign & Awning Company has a team of experts in our field that are working to ensure that the sustainable process adopted for the group will also be adopted and pre qualified for our extensive sub-contractor partners. This will foster a unified philosophy and in turn make a noticeable impact not only to you, the customer but a long lasting legacy to our industry and afford us the opportunity to be leaders in our field for sustainability and set new standards to be implemented.